Translate

Friday, April 19, 2013

Recipe: Bran Buds Muffin Recipe

Have you ever had a snack or a meal that triggered a happy memory? A taste of something that made you feel like you were at home again? Well, not too long ago, I did. I have had so many kinds of bran muffins that were bland and juat plain dry, but the muffins I had the other day reminded me of my grandma's fresh and delicious bran muffins, only they had a slight hint of honey, which made them that much better! So, that is why we are here today. We're going to see if I can make my kids a delicious treat that takes me down memory lane.

Today I am going to try my hand at baking. I do this every so often, and it usually turns out well with the occasional disaster. My grandma is amazing at baking. You name it and she can bake it, and if she hasn't yet she will. She makes wedding cakes and other special baked goods. Her decorating skills amaze me! I don't think I tell her that enough. I've always been able to cook, but baking doesn't exactly run in the family, which is probably a good thing!!!

I ran across some Honey Bran muffins with raisins at my local Hyvee store and have fallen in love with everything but the price, $4.49 for four muffins is steep. So, I am on a mission to find the perfect recipe for something similar. I have Bran Buds in the cupboard, so that is where we will start!

Here is a link to the recipe I used for the basis of my bran muffins:
           http://www.food.com/recipe/bran-buds-muffins-57569?fb_action_ids=648067998553549&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=recipe-57569&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582


Instead of just milk I used 1/4 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup of skim milk, I added more raisins and added a touch of honey to the batter as well as a drop on top of the muffins after being in the tin! Here's to hoping they turn out like I hope!!!

These turned out wonderful! As I bit into one I could taste the warm honey, soft raisins and the wonderful grainy texture. Next time, I will add a little more honey to the top. They were delicious and a huge hit!!

I've added a photo of my fresh muffins and mini loaves! Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment