Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ah-Ha!!!

The other day I had this Ah-Ha moment. You know, that moment when an idea strikes and you can't think of anything better in the world. A moment so defining, yet lasts mere minutes. Yep, one of those moments. It's something we have talked about and dreamed about, but nothing really clicked until the other day.

Hubby and I have always wanted a small farm or piece of land where we could let the kids free and have a few animals. We also wanted more than one home on that property for his brother to have a house nearby. It's been something we have all talked about, but didn't know how to go about it or if it was possible. By some random chance I ran across a page on Facebook that had information about co-housing. Reading about it at first I was thinking to myself that those places are for some crazy hippies who can't function in the outside world. Then, I realized, that is exactly what we want, only with family! A couple of homes on some acreage. A place for our kids to grow up together, yet still have space apart. Not the co-housing with apartments or dorm style, but separate homes for each family. Three, to be exact. Maybe more one day, but for now that is what we've always dreamed of and talked about for our future.

So, you ask, what kind of crazy am I? I am the kind that wants her children to grow up being able to play outside without worry. The type that wants them to experience an animal being born and the miracle of witnessing new life. The type that yearns for a family life that she never had. The type that wants her kids to learn from doing and seeing, not just sitting and memorizing. Yes, that is exactly the type of crazy I am.

If you have any links or experiences similar to this idea, I'd love to hear about them!! I want to be fully prepared for when our dream can become a reality. Thanks for reading today!

No comments:

Post a Comment