Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ahhh. I can feel spring coming!

Spring time is upon us here in Minnesota. I'm hoping the snowfall that they have predicted loses sight of us and finds someone else to bother. Us Minnesotans are stir crazy and need a little sunshine and warmth! Usually winter lasts from Nov-April with a short May-June spring and a July-August summer and then a September-October Fall. So, basically, a Minnesota winter is six months out of the year. That's OK sometimes, but this winter seems to continue to drag on and on. It was starting to feel like there was no end in sight, until today. Now, we have had some teasers with a warm day here, three cold days there and another warm day thrown in just to flare up another common cold outbreak. Yea, I guess you could say that sums up our weather forecast and we can move on to something a bit more relevant.

Today has not only been productive, but it has also been fun. I chose to wake up a bit early to get to the store and grab a few things I needed to surprise the ladies at our play date with some lactation cookies, I'll do a recipe follow up blog on that next. I had gone to the store, mixed up two batches of cookies, got myself and four kids ready and out the door before 10:15 am. If you know me, you know that that is a rarity! Usually it takes an hour just to convince my own kids to get ready and out the door, but I also had my young, four year old, cousin as well. I haven't felt quite this accomplished since yesterday! Yesterday, I cleaned the entire living and kitchen area thoroughly. Some of you might think that was nothing, but in my house, it is definitely an accomplishment. I have a few more things on my to do list, but this is my break time!

While we're still thinking about spring and spring cleaning, what are some things you do in the spring time? This year I am forcing my house to purge. We have focused on material things far too long and have accumulated way too much. My kids want to do a garage sale again. Last year we did one with friends and it was kind of a bust. We will see how much we can get rid of first! Maybe hold a garage sale to pay for a vacation? Hmmmmm......now my wheels are turning! Aside from that I have a few play related ideas that I have taken from Pinterest to make our own chalk, bubbles and other fun outdoor activities. I have also found a few storage items that I'd like to either build or purchase for some better organization, our house seriously lacks organization.

Thanks for letting me ramble and come back tomorrow for an amazing lactation cookie recipe! I can feel them working already!

No comments:

Post a Comment